We are looking for a safety focused and motivated Workshop Supervisor to join our Emerald team. Reporting to the Southern Area Manager, you will assist with day-to-day operations to ensure targets are met. This is a locally based position and the successful candidate will be required to reside in Emerald.
Responsibilities and duties include but not limited to:
- Complete/assist with the development of budget estimates, quotes and tenders
- Supervise the workshop, including the allocation and completion of work in a timely manner with safety and quality inspections
- Procure materials, consumables and equipment required to complete jobs
- Monitor job costs and due dates to ensure that projects are completed on time
- Coordinate local site jobs including Local Councils, Mine Sites, Government Entities, etc.
- Adhere to DGH policies and procedures to ensure works are completed to or exceed DGH standard
- Work with current and future clients to improve relationships and secure future works
What we are looking for:
- Trade qualification with site and workshop experience preferable
- Estimating/tendering experience
- Excellent communication, both oral and written
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of computer based programs
- Willingness and ability to adjust priorities at short notice to meet customer demands
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Able to meet deadlines
- An unwavering commitment to safety and quality
An immediate start is available, if you have a passion for people, quality, safety and community and you want to work for a dedicated team with a progressive attitude.
If you share our passion for making clients a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, then apply now by filling out the application form on this page.